Sunday, September 14, 2008

Vintage Mum
















As you've probably guessed, I'm not doing much crafting just now, as I'm off to Scotland in a week and have so much to organize with my family research - need to know exactly what I'm looking for when I go to Edinburgh, where they keep the Scottish records.


You have to book your spot, and pay for it of course. So I don't want to spend that precious time just scrolling through records - I need to have my direction clearly focused...


Plus, Edinburgh is on the other side of Scotland from where I live, so my girlfriend and I are going to spend a couple of days there, so my time is precious.





















The other focus will be to spend some time at the cemeteries, looking up the old relatives. You can get lots of dates and stuff from old headstones...DH says I'm weird.


Quite appropriate for the time of year I thought. Good job he's not coming home with me.


DD, DGD and myself are going, the husbands have to stay in Australia due to work commitments. A month is too long for them to be off of work.




This is a layout of Mum, when she was about three, with her older brother. Photo taken in 1940.
There is some dry embossing on the brown c/s, though doesn't show very well in the photo.
I love the metal dragonflies - matched well with the patterned vellum I used for the journaling.
I'm thinking now, when I look at the layout on the screen, that I should have inked the flowers a wee bit. They look too 'clean' on the page. Nae mind, I like it.
Thanks for dropping by
Love Jane

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Jane this is gorgeous! The picture is precious!

BTW, I finally got to use some of those frosted florals you sent me! I love them, thanks again!

Hugs, Nikki

Jeni Glee said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous work, Jane! I am excited to find out what you learn on your trip!

Curt in Indy said...

I am always so in awe of your scrapbook layouts and work! I just stare at them and look at all the detail. I'm also so envious of your interest and follow-through with family records. Just reading about your upcoming trip is so exciting and reminds me of an old Ms. Marple mystery story. You are really going to be missed while you are gone! Best, Curt