Saturday, September 6, 2008

First Vote



Here's my next BRAK card - using Melissa Frances papers.



I'm enjoying making these little cards, it's fun pulling all my bits and bobs out, flowers, buttons, ribbons, etc. and working on such a small scale.



If you want to be part of Jen's BRAK visit http://www.expressivelyme.blogspot.com/ and join up, way cool!!

Well, I'm off to vote today - nothing amazing in that you may think - but, it will be my first vote in Australia, a state (WA) election. DH and I became Australian citizens back in February. It's compulsory to vote in Australia - if you don't vote, you get fined!!

Same happened to DSIL, who is Australian. He was in Scotland for two years, where he and DD married. When they returned to Australia, DSILs driving licence had been suspended. He hadn't voted (obviously, he wasn't in the country), hadn't paid the fines imposed, so they suspended his driving licence!!

Fortunately, he was able to prove, with his passport, that he hadn't been in the country during those elections, and his suspension was lifted.

So, I'm off to vote, don't want to be fined!!!

Love Jane

9 comments:

Ying Pang, said...

Your card is very beautiful! Thank you for dropped by my blog and your sweet comments.

Carole Beath said...

Thanks, Jane, for stopping by my blog to say hi. I do so love your pink card with the pretty D on it. I spent the week making cards from bits and bobs in my scrapbin. I think that bits and bobs means left over papers and die cuts? It's a new term for me American girl.
Have a great weekend.

Curt in Indy said...

Wow, talk about an incentive to vote! Love this card! I'm planning to sign up for hers next month! Hope you are well! Best, Curt

Nikki said...

Jane, this is gorgeous!

Heather "Hev" said...

Very pretty card :)

Congrats on becoming an Aussie and I hope you enjoyed your first vote :)

Greetings from SA :)

Ann said...

Very pretty card Jane - beautigul!!
Good luck with the voting ^'^ xxx

Allison Rankin said...

This is such a pretty little card...love the chipboard!

~Chris~ said...

Wow what a beautiful Card. I love the Colors you chose..

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

oh i love this card.
iam also a biiiig fan of this paper!!!
gorgeous