Saturday, September 27, 2008

Kuala Lumpur

















DD and DGD under the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur. We had a 15 hour stop over here, which was great for the wee one, because it meant both flights were overnight, where she slept right through.


We had her running around to burn up her energy and she had a ball.




















To get this photo, I'm lying on the ground!! These towers are just too tall to fit in a standard 6x4 portrait. They are very impressive. Just makes me wonder how tall the tower in Dubai will be when it's finished - it's already the tallest building in the world - and it isn't finished yet!
















Now to Cricut stuff. This was my Off The Page project at this month's club. The photographs aren't very good.

I remembered, about two hours before I left for the airport, that I would post these while I was away, so it was a very hurried job.

The photo's do not do the project any justice. I got my inspiration from various sites on the Net, but they had only decorated a slice. So, I decided to do the whole cake!!!

















I cut the slices from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More at 8" and it took nine slices to complete the cake on my cake stand.


I always set the girls a challenge at the club, and so this month I gave them all a slice of cake to decorate. I can't wait to see what they do with their slices. But, I'll have to wait for two months - no Cricut Club in October.


I will post the 12x12 layouts and cards over the next few days. So, don't miss them.

Thanks for dropping in

Love Jane

3 comments:

Curt in Indy said...

The photos are fine! What an amazing project. One of these days I'm going to have to seriously think about getting one of those machines! Take care! Best, Curt

Ann said...

WOW!! Jane this is stunning xx

~Chris~ said...

Wow what a great Cake.. I thought it was for real at 1st.. Great Job.. Love the Pics!