Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Christmas in July


I've been dabbling with cards again. Everybody
seems to be into Christmas in July, and as it feels
like Christmas, weather wise, here in Perth, I
thought I would jump on the bandwagon before
July runs out, OMG, it's nearly August!!
This is my first attempt at watercolouring a
stamped image. A beautiful House Mouse stamp, love them all, Bazzill c/s, BG pp Figgy Pudding
of course and Prima flowers, ribbon from stash.
Still on a learning curve, and have realised, immediately, not to stamp on Bazzill c/s if
watercolouring - not a pleasing effect. Will try another one. Although I am pretty pleased with
the final result. Wasn't too ambitious with my choice of colours, just followed (copied) the stamp's
picture!!! LOL
Thanks for stopping by
Love Jane

6 comments:

Carole Beath said...

I love House Mouse. Your card is just precious.

Jeannie Phillips said...

I am loving what you did with this... amazing job...love how the stamp isn't the card... and your tin of card...wow what work and such good work too...thanks for supporting me on my blog.
Jeannie

Jeni Glee said...

What a delightful and charming card this is, Jane! I am not a very good stamper so I truly appreciate how you have made this image into a true work of art!

Curt in Indy said...

I LOVE this stamp! I'm so impressed with you! The stamped image is perfect, and you did a fabulous job! I just kept looking at it over and over again! Excellent job! Best, Curt

Angie C said...

What a totally gorgeous card. I love the cute house mouse image you have used

Sharon Caudle said...

Wow! If this is the kind of work you do when you're just learning, I absolutely can't wait to see future projects!! Awesome job of stamping and water coloring! Beautiful card!!