Thursday, July 29, 2010

Qanat Al Qasba

This is my take on this weeks sketch over at
SOUS - Stuck On U Sketches....



The sketch - by BeggaHuna.....


Using my December '09 Half Tart Kit
from Lime Tart.....




Papers are Basic Grey "Nook & Pantry"
Subtitle - Eye of Dubai - Basic Grey
Basic Grey Bling It on top of Basic Grey doily.....


Bazzill cardstock
Flowers from stash
Circular jewel with blue bling from stash.....


Nestabilities - Labels Twelve
Title - Qanat Al Qasba - Cricut Winter Wonderland
Flourishes - Cricut Wall Decor & More.....


Photo's are from the trip DH and I made to
Dubai in July 2007 - they have been
waiting for just the right page to display them....

This sketch suits them perfectly....

The four small photo's show some of the
beautiful attention to detail in this
quiet tourist attraction that is
off the beaten track in Dubai.....


The wheel wasn't open when we were there,
so we didn't get a chance to go on it.
I'm sure the views would have been magnificent.....

Seemingly, they are currently constructing
a new wheel in Dubai - even bigger!!!!!

Must Google that.....

But it doesn't surprise me....
So looking forward to returning to Dubai one day
- have to see the Burj Dubai finished.
It was an awesome building even before it
was complete - must scrap those photo's.....

Hugs

Jane xx

Addit (2013) - the Burj Dubai was
renamed Burj Khalifa - and it is magnificent.
 Tallest building in the world!!



7 comments:

Mandy said...

great paper and embellishemnt choices, Jane. The payout looks awesome and it always good to see layouts that allow you to use mutiple photos.

Anonymous said...

Oh Jane, this is so amazingly perfect with the photos!!! I just think this is so neat, from the photo frames, to the swirls and paper and embellishments...Awesome!!!

xoxo Leah

Sandi Clarkson said...

Wow! Talk about a wonderful layout .. totally in love with this one. Awesome pix and hey, you even pulled doily duty! I just adore those flourishes .. plan to look inot that cart as I haven't even looked at the options on that one! Thanks for playing with us .. we are honored!

Fern said...

Beautiful job Jane!! Fabulous photos and I love the bling!!!! I so wanted to play over at SOUS this week, but not feeling 100% so I have to take it easy for awhile!!! Have a wonderful day!!! Hugs!!!

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Jane this is beautiful, I love the papers and the photos look amazing. I know Dubai is supposed to be beautiful, must take a trip one day. Hope to see you on Saturday at the show.

hugs
Kaye x

Sharli Schaitberger said...

The creators of this sketch must LOVE you, Jane! Your layouts are always just amazing - they color choices and photos are perfect and I'm so impressed with the photos of Dubai that I think I've got a new perspective! I thank you!

Hugs!

Corrina said...

Gorgeous Jane...I love how this just drips with jewels...LOVE IT.
C x