Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Scrappy Storage & Walkabout Wednesday

Hello again friends, here we go with some of my storage stuff, ie inside the draws and boxes....



The tall Ikea robe to the left holds 12 x 12 paper pads and some cardstock - nice and flat....



The first tall set of 9 draws is embellishments by company - Little Yellow Bicycle.....



Pink Paislee...



7 gypsies....



There's also draws for Teresa Collins, Graphic 45 and Bo Bunny.

The bottom three draws of this unit hold extra tape, glue, etc....

The 6 draw units in the middle hold stamping stuff - inks, blocks, etc....

And more embellishments by company (don't want to put too many photo's on the post) - Kaiser, Creative Imaginations, Tim Holtz, K & Co, My Mind's Eye, Making Memories...



The 9 draw unit to the right holds more stuff by company - Tattered Angels...



Zva and Prima bling and pearl flourishes....



Prima flowers.....



There's also draws for Webster's and Melissa Francis in this unit...

Some wood block stamps.....



The tall unit to the right holds my Bazzill cardstock, by colour, nice and flat....

These units came with six shelves each, not near enough. So, hubby cut some shelves from the doors of a couple of old units we had, and the cupboards now have 12 shelves each, as you can see at the top of the cupboard. One day these shelves will be painted white.....don't hold your breath...LOL



On top of these cupboards are some small storage ideas. On the 9 draw shelf to the left is my Cricut cartridge storage....



This is a 9 draw storage unit from Kaiser. Painted white, covered with Kaiser paper - voila...

Each draw holds 12 cartridges, in alphabetical order of course...



The little box to the left is also Kaiser, in which I store the Basic Grey Bling It's - perfect fit....



Over on the 6 draw units is another Kaiser project - bookends with 6 draws in each....



These little draws hold little things like crochet doilies, fancy buttons, stick pins, etc....

The wee handles are - wait for it - cheapie earrings....

I kept them intact, just removed the butterfly. Pushed the steel post straight through the draw front and bent it at the back. They don't move, and no need for glue or tape - too easy....

I have great intentions for the bare books held by the bookends. One day I might actually get them decorated....



Next is one of my favourite storage ideas. Spellbinders Nestabilities....

I have tried numerous ways of storing them, but still with ease of access - I use them a lot....

Every storage idea I tried just became too much hassle. And then, a light bulb moment....



Why not store them the way I store my clear stamps.....

The packaging the Nesties come in is no good, but the clear bags card makers use to package their cards is perfect....

One set per bag, along with their original packaging insert (got to remember their names, how many label sets are there?)

Decorate a little cardboard box, and I can flick through them in an instant for the set I need. It's not too much hassle to open the bag they're in when I need them...



On top of the 9 draw unit to the right is an Ikea 3 draw unit....

Painted white again and covered with beautiful papers - and I can't remember who made this paper....



These 3 draws hold, top to bottom, masks - must use these....



Specialty trims.....



Glitter....



So, that's the main wall of my Scrappy Room. Another post I will show the other storage stuff - this is going to be photo heavy already....

Meanwhile.....



Here is a sneak peek of my Walkabout Wednesday post today over at Scrappy Go Lucky....

Using the Teresa Collins - Sophisticated cartridge, Teresa Collins papers and a sketch from Inspired Blueprints....

Would love to see you over there.....





And, yes, I remember I said I would show you photo's of what the room REALLY looks like....

These are not too bad actually, because I had a really good tidy up for the photo's posted last week.....

Maybe in a week or two they will be more realistic.....LOL










Thanks for dropping in again to my humble space on the Net, leave me a comment and let me know what you think - I really do appreciate your feedback....

Until Friday, for SOUS reveal day, take care, and....

Happy Scrapping...

Hugs






3 comments:

Tanya said...

AWESOME ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your room - my dream!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Holy Moly, what an amazing creative space! I love the way you have furniture storage for things - keeping them organized and at your fingertips. This is a room to dream about! Thanks so much for sharing - I've gotten some great ideas!
Hugs!

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

I am so glad your space looks just like mine when I am creating! :)