Sunday, February 28, 2010

Practical Scrappers Sketch

My layout for this week's sketch over at Practical Scrappers.....


The sketch, by DT member Heidi.....



I have used Fancy Pants "Christmas Magic" papers.....


A Prima flower, which I stickled, and then tucked some silver metallic eyelash behind it....


Kaiser clear stamps, which I stamped on acetate and cut close, I felt that if I had stamped directly onto the project, they would have been lost against the busy papers.....


A 3D embellishment at top right which has been in a box of stuff for goodness knows how long.....


The title is chipboard prepurchased which I inked with Royal Blue Tsukineko VersaColor, and highlighted with silver metallic eyelash.....





A few punched snowflakes and some inking.....



Photo is from Christmas Day (duh!!) 2009 - darling daughter, dear son-in-law and two of the most gorgeous little granddaughters in the world.....
So head on over to www.practicalscrappers.blogspot.com and why not have a go at the sketch, or any of the other challenges they have running concurrently.....

Hugs

Jane xx

10 comments:

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Stunning layout Jane. Such a precious photo. Love your use of acetate and the papers I just love.

hugs
Kaye x

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Wonderful layout Jane! SO much detail (deceivingly simple looking - but!) I'm glad you said something about the swirls being on acetate - that makes so much sense but I probably wouldn't have thought of it myself. LOL I LOVE the eyelash! Who knew! This is such a wonderful photo - and what a lovely way to display it!

Inspiring.

Carole Beath said...

what a wonderfully design LO, Jane... of course the subject matter (lovely family) is just beautiful, the design is perfect for this wonderful cherished photo.
Hugs.
Carole

Heidi M said...

Hi Jane! Amazing job on using the sketch! I love everything - especially the flower with silver eyelash and the title.

Thanks for playing along with us at Practical Scrappers.

Heidi :)

Fern said...

OH Jane, What a beautiful daughter, handsome son-in-lay and gorgeous little granddaughters you have!!! And your layout is fabulous!! Love the soft blues and the PP is beautiful!! You did an outstanding job with the sketch!! XXX
I have a blog award for you over on my blog!!
Have a wonderful day!!!

Golden Leaf Scrapbook said...

Beautiful layout. Love the ideal of stamping on aceate.

Peggy

Barb Craft said...

Jane... this is just gorgeous!!! wow! You have such an amazing eye for details!!
When you get a chance, stop by my blog... I left an award for you last night!!
Barb :)

Sherri said...

Love your take on the Practical Scrappers' sketch. Wonderful layout, and I love the non-traditional Christmas colors for the Christmas theme. Terrific!

Unknown said...

This is so gorgeous! Love the papers you chose. Your stamping on the acetate and silver eyelash are the perfect touches to this! I'm in awe of your beautiful layout! I'm following you now, too! Thanks for playing this weekend with us at Practical Scrappers!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Curt in Indy said...

Another awesome page layout! You do such beautiful work! And so do those two in the picture! They sure make beautiful babies! What a great photo! Best, Curt