Saturday, February 6, 2010

Class with Leonie

I attended a class today at my LSS - Scrap It - Flaunt It - with my lovely friend Leonie Vellender....


Her heritage layouts are stunning, and this one is no exception - using K & Co papers and lots of punched out retro flowers....



The flowers, along with Kaiser pearls and rhinestones, are stunning....





The photo is my wee brother and I at the beach back in 1968 - check out the bikini!!!!.....



Fiskars edge punch, little bit of ink, some lace, little bit of stamping, voila - beaut page in a couple of hours, no headache for me, all designed and ready to make.....



Love it.....


The little box covered in shells in top photo, is a treasure I have had for many years. When I was a little girl I used to keep all those little important things in it that were precious to me at that time.....
The memories have faded as to what those treasures were, but the importance of this little box is as large as ever.....
The box belonged to my maternal Grandmother, who died when I was two.....

Leonie has a lovely blog of beautiful vintage/heritage layouts, so for some inspiration, hop on over to
www.somethingoldbutnewagain.blogspot.com you won't be disappointed....
Hugs - til next post.....
Jane xx


5 comments:

Sandy said...

Jane this is supurb...I love K&Co and these color choices are so soft and beautiful. The flowers, lace and pearls....wow...just don't know what to say...beautiful memories and fabulous pic and I love the story about your little 'treasure' box....well done my friend!

Curt in Indy said...

This is one of the most beautiful pages you've done so far! OMGosh it oozes "vintage". The photo is perfect for it! Nicely done! Best, Curt

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Jane this is stunning, just love those vintage colours. What a lovely little box and a lovely story to go with it.

I have been to scrap it flaunt it for ages.

hugs
Kaye x

Sandi Clarkson said...

Wow, wow, wow .. gorgeous page. I too love K and Co paper .. am working with it right now. FAb page .. just love the design .. I may have to lift parts of this!

Golden Leaf Scrapbook said...

What a beautiful layout. I love the colors