Friday, January 22, 2010

SOUS # 11

Wow, I've made it, by the skin of my teeth... Mr McLinky closes in a few hours, thank goodness Australia is ahead of the rest of the world!!!!....

Here is my take on the sketch over at SOUS www.stuckonusketches.blogspot.com



The sketch, by Liz Qualman....

Papers are Bo Bunny "Abbey Road", brads are Bo Bunny, Flowers - Prima, Lulu and Kaiser....



CRICUT -
Flourish @ 3.5" - Home Decor

PRECIOUS @ 1" - Gypsy Font (shadow)
x @ 0.58" - Gypsy Font (shadow)

2 @ 1" - Gypsy Font (shadow)


Nearly didn't get this one finished in time, what with WORK (ugh), and the heat, yes, toooooooo hot!!!


We emigrated to Australia to get away from the freezing temperatures in Scotland, and for the most part I love the weather here....


However, usually during January and February, the temp hits the waaaaaaaay toooooo hot for comfort zone. Fortunately, these temps only last a couple of days at a time. I think we hit 43 degrees on Monday and Tuesday (must Google that to see what it is in Fahrenheight (is that how you spell it?)) Anybody know?
Very uncomfortable, and not scrapbooking friendly - glue melts....

And, no, I don't have air con in yet. What with this being a brand new house, and finances being spent on more essential items for scrapping (only kidding), air con and pool are going in next month (too late, I know).
Anyway, this photo of me with two of my adorable granddaughters was taken on New Year's Day. We spent the day at Caversham Wildlife Park here in Perth, where DGD # 1 was able to feed the kangaroos and met her first Joey (baby kangaroo), he was adorable, jumping all over the place like a coiled spring - or a Slinky (remember them girls). Will scrap those photo's later....

So, if you get a moment hop (!!!!) on over to SOUS www.stuckonusketches.blogspot.com and see what the design team have done (wonderful) and the other girls (amazing)


Til next time....

TTFN

Jane xx
MISSED IT - Mr MckLinky was closed by the time I uploaded this post - so.... .... !!!! never mind....
ADDIT - I Googled celsius to fahrenheit - it was 109.4 - no bloody wonder I couldn't breathe....!!!***

7 comments:

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Jane - this is such a stunning layout, with great detail. Have really enjoyed taking a peek at your lovely work.
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and becoming a follower.
Love, Sylvia xxx

Nanne said...

How utterly amazing is this layout of yours.. WOWzers!!.. I'm sorry you missed Mcklinky, but its no big deal really, just leave a comment for us and we will get to see your amazing creations that way..
the McKlinky time is set for USA Eastern Standard, so me living in Finland, I am actually 7 hours ahead of that time..not sure how it would be in Aussie..sorry about that..
I'm so over joyed you joined again this week, its always a pleasure..
hugs
Nanné

Carole Beath said...

Your LO is just fantastic. What beautiful colors, Jane...and I loved reading your comments... Here in AZ we are in the middle of winter, although AZ winters are mild. No snow here in Phoenix but we can drive about 2 hours and be knee deep in blizzards.. We've had 3 days of rain.
Hugs
Carole

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Jane,
Drop Dead Gorgeous layout - it would have won!

109 degrees and no air conditioning???? What? Are you nuts??? We have that kind of heat here every summer - but we all live in a/c. Wow.

I hope it cools off at night, at least?

Hugs!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Jane, what a gorgeous layout .. and I love that pic of you and the DGDs .. and look you're in no sleeves about the time I was wearing a sweater! But you can keep the 109 tmp, whee. Anyway, fabulous take on the sketch. You can always link to the newer post or like Nanne said .. leave a comment. Always enjoy dropping by your blog!

Sandy said...

Oh Yes! Precious is exactly what I say about that fabulous photo...and what a beautiful layout to display it. I love love love the color combo on this page..the green is to die for. The flowers and your take on the sketch are just grand....we are so lucky to have your talent and inspiration each week...thanx for that!

Nikki said...

Hane, what an amazing LO! You did such an awesome job using the sketch!
Hugs, Nikki