Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Lime Tart - April #1

This is the Lime Tart "A La Tarte" kit from April - I managed two layouts, and three cards from the leftover bits (will post the cards later)




This first layout is my great uncles (maternal grandmother's brothers), Uncle Robert and Uncle Jim. This photo is Uncle Roberts marriage to Aunt Nan in 1938....

The background cardstock was far too bright a green for the layout, so I stamped it with the "Stamp-It" stamp from the kit....

I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder for the accent behind the date, using brown ink on the raised pattern....


Fiskar's border punch for the fancy edging here (love that border punch)....



Lots of inking and happy with the finished layout....


This next layout is Mum and me (don't look at the date - too late!!!). This is actually Germany - West Germany to be precise, as it was then. Dad was in the RAF and was stationed in West Germany when I came along - so, although I am Scottish, we didn't go back to Scotland until I was about two and a half....


Lots of distressing and inking, used most of the flowers from the kit here and the included bottle of Stickles for the flower centres....



Love the little bird on the paper, so cut a second one and layered him....



Also happy with the finished layout.....




Next post the Full Tart layouts....
Until next time, thanks for dropping in, and your valued comments....
TTFN
Jane xx

7 comments:

Hetty Hall said...

It is gorgeous Jane, love all the distressed edges, well done!!
Hugs xx
Hetty

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Wonderful work, Jane - these are just perfect layouts!!! I love both of them - but am partial to the one of you with your Mum. (maybe it's the subject?) I like this Lime Tart kit - lots of great stuff, huh!

ScrapEnjoy said...

It is very nice Jane, all what you make, really beautiful.

xxx Lilian

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Two beautiful layouts Jane, Love all the detailing on both. You were a little cutie. Great Job!

hugs
Kaye x

Kathie said...

love your LO's Jane!!!
Kathie
xoxo

Kathie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Curt in Indy said...

Your pages are always so wonderful. I love looking at all the detail. The pages always come out so perfect and the photos you incorporate make them so perfect! I love your work! Best, Curt