Monday, August 31, 2009

Laptop Virus

Sorry I haven't updated - but my laptop is seriously ill - yep it's got a virus - a Trojan Horse no less - it has had to be crashed back to factory settings to get rid of it.....

That means that everything that I have added to my laptop has gone.....

Cricut Design Studio - my list of favourites - photo's - everything....

This is when I am thankful that I don't store my personal photographs on computer.... as soon as I am finished with a chip in the camera it is transferred to disc and stored safely away....

A timely reminder to all of you who do store photo's on computer...... get them off of there NOW and on to disc - you just never know when a virus will get in - and then it's too late.....

I am writing this post from the PC, but it is so slow I am not even going to attempt to upload photo's....

Hopefully the laptop will be better soon and I can get back to normal blogging - meanwhile I am visiting your blogs and leaving comments - see you sooner rather than later - I hope....


TTFN
Jane xx

5 comments:

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Computers can be such a help but such a hinderence at times. Thank god you had saved all your photos. I have mine on the computer but also have them on an external hard drive too, photos are too precious to lose. Hope you are back up a running soon.

I have something on my blog for you, hopefully it will cheer you up a bit.

hugs
Kaye x

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Oh Jane! I'm hurting for you! I wondered why you hadn't posted in so long!

Thank you for your good advice - I have things on an external hard drive for backup, but I think I should do more. Especially with photos.

Hugs.

Sandy said...

We've missed you Jane...so sorry to hear about the computer probs....i am soooo dependent on mine....had a prob with my laptop earlier this year...it's no fun!

Ann said...

Aw Jane - hope your laptop is mended soon & you're back blogging again soon. My sons pc is broken atm, so we're sharing my lappy - I feel your pain!! Sending lots of cyber hugs to you :-)). Take care, Ann xxx
(((HUGS))) xxx

Jeni Glee said...

Oh, Jane, how terrible! I miss you and pray that you can get it all fixed real soon. You are in my thoughts, my Friend!

Love, Glee