Friday, December 14, 2012

Altered Book & SOUS

Hello fellow crafters, today I'd like to
 show you a gorgeous project
inspired by my beautiful friend,
and fellow DT member over at
Stuck On U Sketches,
 
When I was over in Brisbane recently,
she showed me this beautiful book
that she had altered
 
Well, I could not resist,
 and had to have a go myself
 
Here is my first attempt at
 altering a book....
 
 



Just an ordinary, hard backed book.




Transformed....





I have used beautiful K & Co papers
 and yummy Prima flowers



The beautiful cameo I bought
from a company in USA




I wrote the verse on the inside myself
(click for a better view for reading)




A wee bit of lace and some
little blooms to decorate the inside
 







I am so in love with the finished
project, which I gifted to a
special friend, I will definately
 be making another one,
to keep...lol
 
 
 
Meanwhile, over at
 it is Die Cut Reveal Day
 
I am on the Sketch Team
and the Card Sketch Team,
 however, there is another Team
the Die Cut Team
 
Each fortnight the challenge is set,
to incorporate a die cut
on your project,
 of a specific topic
 
The topic for the current challenge is
 
TOYS
 
To use a die-cut of a toy or toys
 
Also on the SOUS Blog
today we are introducing
 two new members to the Die Cut Team
Sylvie Hoobanoff
and
Holly Hudspeth
 
So, head on over there
and see what the Die Cut team are up to.
 
You may even be inspired to
dust off that little Cricut
sitting in the corner collecting dust,
I know mine is -
 poor wee thing...lol
 
Hope you are all
organized for Christmas
 
See you soon
 
Hugs

3 comments:

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Oh Jane, it's beautiful! What an unusual gift! I'm sure the recipient will be thrilled and I do hope you'll make another! Hugs!

annette said...

absolutely beautiful !!! luv'n'hugz xx

Patricia said...

what a beautiful work...