Monday, July 16, 2012

Cards at SOUS

Hello fellow bloggers, scrappers
 and cardmakers...

I'm posting today with some
fab happenings over at

As you know I am on the
 layout sketch team over there,
 and there is also a die-cut team,
 and now, wait for it,
yes 
there is now a card sketch team

And I am on that team....

Jane Stirling - from the Sketch Team
Tracey Kelley - from the Die-cut Team

Our first reveal is this
Wednesday - 18th July

I am predominently a Scrapbooker,
 but I do like to dabble with cards,
and to have a great sketch to
 work with is a great starting point.

The sketches are all
designed by our great leaders:
 Sandi, Nanne and Leah,
and it's going to be a fun ride....

So, make sure you join us on
 Wednesday for our first reveal,
 and you will have the usual
 two weeks to join in - can't wait....

In the mean time,
 talking about cards,
 what am I doing in Scotland
now that I have no scrappy shops,
 classes, or scrapping friends
to play with (violins playing....)

I have joined a crafty group
 of ladies on a Monday morning
 at our local community centre.
They are a great bunch of girls,
but there is only one problem.....

Yes, they are all card makers!!!!

But, it's as close as I'm
 gonna get to scrapping
 here in Ayrshire

At least we talk the same
language - distressing, inking,
 layering, etc. etc.

And use the same products,
 to a certain degree.
They have never heard of
Graphic 45, Zva Creative,
Pink Paislee, to name a few.

However, Nestabilities
and Martha Stewart punches
are high on the tools list,
thank goodness.

Here's a couple of cards
I have made recently at the
Crafty Group, we are currently
on the summer break
- summer, what summer.
I forgot how much it rains
in Scotland, folk are saying this
 years weather is really bad,
not usually THIS wet....
Great for the ducks....






They use a lot of peel offs
on their cards here in the UK,
so, can't beat them, join them....

Looking forward to seeing you
 on Wednesday for our first
card reveal at

Til then

Hugs



1 comment:

Karon said...

Such beautiful cards - TFS

http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/