Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Marble Arch

Another famous London landmark on our
 recent trip to the capital....

Marble Arch

Using the current sketch over at



The sketch....



Marble Arch was designed by John Nash
 in 1827 as the main entrance
 to Buckingham Palace.
However, it was quickly discovered
to be too narrow for the largest and grandest
 of the King's coaches,
and the arch was moved to its present site
 at the north east corner of
Hyde Park in 1851....



My title is one of those oops!! moments,
we affectionately call creative opportunities....

I have had this awful alpha set
 for years, couldn't use it as
it didn't go with anything.
So, why not change it? Excellent idea.....

I'll use some Glimmermist - "Mel's Diner'....

Duh... the letters have a coated surface....

However, after a wee blast
with my heat tool, I quite liked the
 marble (Marble Arch) effect...

Thus I acquired the above look.....



Papers are Papermania "Portobello Road"



The flowers are all from my stash,
and as I have had them for sooooo long,
I have no idea who made what....

The sign post is a Marianne Design
Creatables die....



Martha Stewart punch "Lace Scallop Heart"



Leaves are a Sizzix die....



Martha Stewart Deep Edge Punch
"Garden Trellis"


So, there we have it, another layout
for my London album....

See you next time....

Hugs



4 comments:

Sandi Clarkson said...

Oh, don't you love creative opportunities? I do so love that sketch from Sketchibilites You have really done it justice. Now I am off to check out that sign post die .. it is so cool!

Lynn said...

This is so beautiful. I love the rich colors and all the details on your layout. Thanks so much for joining us at Sketchabilities.

chito said...

Wow beautiful photo! and title is very cute.
Thank you for joining us at Sketchabilities.

Marcia Dehn-Nix said...

Awesome layout! I LOVE how those letters turned out. so glad you could join us at Sketchabilities for our latest challenge. I am celebrating my blogaversary with a giveaway here http://onescrapatatime-bymumsie.blogspot.com/2012/06/blogaversay-giveaway.html I hope you will check it out!