Thursday, February 23, 2012

Last Post from Australia

It's finally here....

We move out of our beautiful house today and subsequently lose the internet......

So, this will be my last post until we are back in Scotland.

As a special momento of our time in Australia, I made this reverse canvas of eight wee houses as a reminder of our eight addresses (yes, 8 in 12 years!!!) in Perth, Western Australia.....



The wee houses are from Collections Elements, a Perth based company, and I have decorated them with products from -



Prima, Dusty Attic, Flower Soft, Webster's, Twiddleybitz, German Scraps.....



I have used Cuttlebug embossing folders for a couple of the roofs, and corrugated cardboard for a couple, also hessian, German Scraps and a Martha Stewart punch.....



I particularly love the verse, which I sourced from the Net -

Never be sad for what is over. Be glad it once was yours.

Perfect.....



I used Jo Sonja's Texture Paste to cover the canvas and then painted it green...



I then used the Prima brick mask on the frame.....

















No more scrapping for me for a while.....

Now, to the move to Scotland.....

The original family room - remember....



Scrappy stuff ready to go - remember....



All packed....



And on its way to Scotland.....



Drinks with a few special friends....







And, I'll talk to you from Scotland.....

Hugs

5 comments:

Stine Ursin said...

Good luck on your move! Looking forward to see u united with your scrappy boxes :)

Love this canvas. Such a wonderful memory and so gorgeous and decorative!!

flowerdisco said...

oh jane, your project is a dream.
and i want to wish you the best back at home, at last.
please, say hello to mandi for me.

Ann said...

Amazing project Jane & I love the verse too, very apt & a wonderful memory of your life in Oz!!
Welcome home to Scotland!
Hugs, Ann xx

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Hi Jane,
I'm sending prayers for safe travel! I love your project - it's absolutely perfect. What a wonderful way to keep the memory.
Hugs!

Jenn said...

Hey, Jane,
I've awarded you the Liebster Blog Award : ) Okay, you've probably never heard of it, but check out my blog and read all about it. Thanks for being wonderfully creative and sharing your talent with the world.