Wednesday, June 29, 2011

SOUS sketch #58

I loved the latest sketch over at Stuck On U Sketches, and came up with this layout of DGD Rebekah in 2009. She was 2....


The sketch, by Liz Qualman....


Using my Lime Tart June 2011 Full Tart....


Papers are Girl's Paperie "Vintage Whimsy"


Flowers are Prima and my stash...


Alphas are Webster's Pages and American Crafts Thickers....


The wee journal stamp is from Autumn Leaves....


I cut the bunting on Cricut using 'Carousel' cartridge at 4 inches....


Too cute......

Now for something interesting - with reference to the beautiful award I received from Nanne, and previous awards I have received - do you ever wonder where they come from???

I decided to investigate.....

I followed the award backwards (KWIM) to its origin - authors.....

They award each other upon the publishing of new novels (saw a few familiar names)and guess what - they had to send it on to 15 (FIFTEEN!!!!!) other authors - thank goodness it was 8 by the time it got down to us scrapbookers....LOL

I did discover a lot of new blogs on my travel back in time - there are a LOT of blogs out there - it was fun, but time consuming....

Off to a class at Inspired Crafts tonight, by fellow DT member Mandy - love her style....

Hugs for now



7 comments:

Shona said...

this is just gorgeous...love that paper line and have just recently discovered it myself, and I had to buy up some...it is so soft and pretty. Your distressing is beautiful...love your take on the sketch :)

Sandi Clarkson said...

Oh, Jane! I just love this page! Fabulous way to decorate the bunting!Love that sweet, sweet photo .. that was the first thing I saw. And I adore the jaunty title with the Y up a bit higher .. too cute!

Thanks for the blog award research .. you are too funny! Talk soon!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh...this is sooooo sweet! there is something simple about it but the details all totally perfect and the colors, the neutral w/ the bright accents! I totally dig!
I just did a page today of my little guy...he just turned 2...such a fun age!

so that's cool about your blog travels. I went through some the other day and made a list of real inspiration blogs for me, instead of following them and having my blog list bogged down. amazing how many sites there are..not even time in the day, huh?

hope your having a wonderful day!!!!!

Stine Ursin said...

Great layout Jane, so good to see you around again.

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

oh how I love your banner! Your take on the sketch is so gorgeously shabby and shic! I don't know what bunting is, but I am sure it is beautiful? lol

Nanne said...

Wow!! I can only imagine how long it took you to go through all of those blogs to get to the center of the tootsie pop(lollypop)..LOL
this is such a cute take on our sketch and Leah is right about it being simple yet perfectly detailed.. I love banners and your's came out amazing..
hugs
Nanné

Fern said...

Hi Jane! First of all, thank you so much for wishing me and my family a happy 4th!! You are such a sweetie!!
And now about this beautiful layout of sweet GD Rebekah!! Love the soft feminine paper, and the banner with the little roses is absolutely gorgeous!!!! I love it!! Hugs!! :o)